stuff I think

Since 1965

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tracy

Do I have to say it? The Dodgers fired the wrong guy. Paul DePodesta rolled into town, took a good nucleus of a team and fucked it up and they went to the playoffs anyway. Then he rid that team of all its charm, fun, and likeability and brought in a bunch of losers and malcontents, most of whom then got injured.

Jim Tracy did what he could with this ragtag lineup, but in the end, the Dodgers lack of pitching, hitting, speed, and defense sent them to a sub .500 record for the first time in Tracy’s tenure.

Now Tracy is gone and we only have DePodesta to show for it. Tracy is going to half-empty Pittsburgh, most likely, where he’ll get a BETTER OFFER than he would have gotten from the 3-million-drawing Dodgers.

Who would take the Dodgers job at this point? The team has no interest in spending money on players, so the manager’s salary is going to be low. And it’s clear who’s calling the shots: the guy who brought in Hee Seop Choi.

You’ll excuse me if I don’t rush out to buy tickets for next year’s opener. I have a feeling I’ll be able to boo for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home